ABSSAC recognises that it has a responsibility to the environment beyond legal and regulatory requirements. We are committed to reducing our environmental impact and continually improving our environmental performance as an integral part of our business strategy and operating methods, with annual review points. We will encourage customers and suppliers to do the same. The Managing Director, is responsible for ensuring that the environmental policy is implemented. However, all employees have a responsibility in their area to ensure that the aims and objectives of the policy are met.
Our policy is to
- Wholly support and comply with or exceed the requirements of current environmental legislation and codes of practice.
- Minimise our waste and then reuse or recycle as much of it as possible.
- Recycling bins are provided throughout the offices and warehouse.
- Minimise energy and water usage in our buildings and processes in order to conserve supplies, and minimise our consumption of natural resources, especially where they are non-renewable.
- We will favour “green” vehicles for all employees that have company vehicles.
- As far as possible purchase products and services that do the least damage to the environment and encourage others to do the same.
- Ensure that all employees understand our environmental policy and conform to the high standards it requires.
- Address complaints about any breach of our Environmental Policy promptly and to the satisfaction of all concerned.
- Update our Environmental Policy annually in consultation with staff, associates and customers.